Maria Celeste and Alphonsus,
We are called by the Father as a community
to live the Gospel of Jesus
in our own time and place.
Like Mary, through constant contemplation of
the mysteries of Christ,
we put on His mind and heart.
We live the supreme law of the Gospel – mutual charity –
in a spirit of joy, simplicity and humility,
self-denial and ongoing conversion.
This charity of Christ urges us to
– be a living memorial of the paschal mystery of Redemption,
a living witness of God’s love
in the Church and the world
– welcome those who come to us seeking
silence, solitude and prayer
– be in solidarity with the poor
– sustain the apostolate of the Redemptorists
by our contemplative life
– be responsive to the concerns of the local church.
Our hidden life of adoration, praise and intercession
is of itself fully apostolic and missionary
and embraces the whole of humanity
redeemed by Christ.
Our community recollection in Jesus opens us to the Spirit
who empowers us to grow
and meet the challenges of our time.